Monday, July 18, 2011

Spinach Rice Noodle Dish

Hello! It's been a while as I have been in the United States and in Finland. By the way, there were a lot of good things that we ate along the way! But I want to share with you something I whipped up yesterday.
I wanted to eat something on the healthy side since we..huh-hum..put on a few pounds while traveling. It was a Spinach Rice Noodle dish. Forgive me for not having exact measurements but that's how I role when I'm cooking (definitely not when I'm baking)


First put oil
Put garlic in now if it is fresh but later if it is frozen
If you have frozen spinach put that in first to thaw (and on high heat) and after noodles if it is fresh
Then put some water (about 1 1/2 cup)
Throw the rice noodles in and give them enough time to cook
Mean time put a little dark soy sauce, table spoon of peanut butter (might want to put that in at the end because it makes it more difficult to stir), chives, dill, white pepper, little bit of Cayenne, and about a teaspoon of chicken or vegetable bullion and then the garlic (if it dry-mentioned above)
lower the heat and keep mixing (perhaps put some more water in) until the noodles are done!

And you have yourself a yummy healthy dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment